[Mediawiki-l] Read 1200 Pages into wiki

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 22:38:30 UTC 2010

uv22e Alcott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a word file (1200 pages) (written within the last 10 years). It is
> written in cinstant format (Like a lexicon) and i would like to import it
> into a mediawiki installation. How can I do that?
>
> Any help is highly appreciated

The first step would be to make it into the plain text you want into the
wiki. You could for instance dump it all into one wikipage.
Or you could split a new page when reaching some marker, etc.
Then you would transform it into wikitext where needed.
And finally move it into the wiki with eg. maintenance/importTextFile.php

I know this is generic advise, but it very much depends on what you want
to do with your file into the wiki.
I hope it can enlight you a bit.