[Mediawiki-l] Bread Crumbs and sub pages

Jean-Marc van Leerdam j.m.van.leerdam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 05:56:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 20 August 2010 04:35, Ross McKay <rosko at zeta.org.au> wrote:
> Aaron Gray wrote:
>
>>That's near enough exactly what I want, except for, to do it to the actual
>>title line.
>>
>>That's standard on WikiBooks ? How do I get that on a normal MediaWiki
>>instillation ?
>
> You just need to configure subpages in your wiki by adding a couple of
> lines to LocalSettings.php:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNamespacesWithSubpages
>
> e.g.
>
> $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = true;
> $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_TALK] = true;
>
> But you have already said that you've done that. Can you check your
> LocalSettings.php file to make sure that you've done it for all of the
> namespaces where you want this?

And once the normal breadcumbs are working, you may be able to hide
the title itself and visually improve the breadcrumbs to act as a
surrogate page title through stylesheet settings
(Mediawiki:Common.css):

display:none for "h1 .firstHeading"

and proper formatting for "span .subpages" and/or "span .subpages a"

--
Regards,

Jean-Marc
--