[Mediawiki-l] Bread Crumbs and sub pages

Ross McKay rosko at zeta.org.au
Fri Aug 20 02:35:26 UTC 2010

Aaron Gray wrote:

>That's near enough exactly what I want, except for, to do it to the actual
>title line.
>
>That's standard on WikiBooks ? How do I get that on a normal MediaWiki
>instillation ?

You just need to configure subpages in your wiki by adding a couple of
lines to LocalSettings.php:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNamespacesWithSubpages

e.g.

$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = true;
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_TALK] = true;

But you have already said that you've done that. Can you check your
LocalSettings.php file to make sure that you've done it for all of the
namespaces where you want this?

>> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Breadcrumbs_extensions
>>

>AFAICS None of these seem to do it.

OK, no worries. Check your $wgNamespacesWithSubpages settings, so that
at least you can get the standard breadcrumbs. Otherwise, maybe it's
time to look into writing MediaWiki extensions :)
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"