[Mediawiki-l] Q: I have sysop but I can't edit stuff

Tom Medhurst tom.medhurst at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 16 10:56:20 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I just installed MediaWiki 1.15.3 from the main web site and installed it no
problem!

The admin account I gave during the installation seems to have sysop rights
(eg. if I go a select * from user_groups I can see my user's id and sysop in
the ug_group column, I also have a second row for bureaucrat).

The problem is, when I go to Special:SpecialPages and scroll down; I can't
see anything under Restricted special pages. Also when I goto my
preferences, I only have the permissions: Administrators, Autoconfirmed
users, Bereaucrats, and Users.

How do I get to the Restricted special pages? I want to
edit MediaWiki:Sidebar and this is how I believe I do it.

Thanks,
Tom