[Mediawiki-l] Cannot edit a specific page

Robert Lindsey rlindsey at statelibrary.sc.gov
Fri Sep 25 16:10:14 UTC 2009

I've got a puzzler. I have one page on my wiki that I cannot edit. The
behavior is visit page, click edit tab, make changes, click save button,
and the page hangs up and eventually times out. Once it finally times
out, the page comes back with the &action=submit URL and a blank white
page (no source to view). In IE, it reports as an HTTP 500 error.
Refresh/resend form data doesn't work. I have my PHP errors reporting to
a log file, but there aren't any errors associated with this issue. And
the real kicker is that this particular page is the only one on my site
behaving this way. All other pages behave as normal.

What I've tried:
	- I've maxed out my PHP memory limit.
	- I've created a new test page and pasted the data from the
corrupt page into it. Behaves as normal.
	- I've tried deleting the corrupt page and moving this new test
page to its place, but it will not let me assign a new page to that
corrupt URL.
	- It will not let me restore the deleted page, either. It hangs
up the same as when I tried to save an edit.
	- I've truncated the cache table in the database (not sure what
this would do, but I saw it suggested somewhere).

Again, this is only happening on one page of my entire wiki
(unfortunately it's an important one). I have yet to be able to
duplicate any of the behavior on any other pages.

I'm running MediaWiki 1.13.2 (I know I need to upgrade), PHP 5.2.9,
MySQL 5.1.33.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rob