[Mediawiki-l] Internalization for non-Special-Page extensions

Tim Cronin tccroninv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 21:44:44 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have some extensions that I wrote for a project that is moving forward.
The final task is internalization.  For special page extensions I was able
to find documentation at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Special_pages
and http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Internationalization that was able to get
me through without a problem.  However, I have some tag and hook extensions
that I would like to add internalization for and I can't seem to load them
properly.  I have used $wgExtensionMessagesFiles and
wfLoadExtensionMessages, but I am not sure if I used them properly.

Any help in pointing me to documentation for this or any pointers would be
great,  I've begun looking through extensions in the matrix, but a lot of
them don't use i18n in the same way I would like to.

Thanks,

Tim Cronin