[Mediawiki-l] changer username

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Thu Nov 12 08:24:53 UTC 2009

Dear list,

This is my first post on the list so it might be the wrong place, please
forgive me if it is the case and point me to the right place.

I am trying to write and Authentication plugin overwriting the
AuthPlugin [1] as defined in the doc. My problem is that I need to
change the username after having run the authenticate function.

There is the flow:
- user type in the login form his nick and password.
- in the authenticate function I check if the user exists (from an
external database) and what is his full name. I check if the user with
this full name exists and is allowed to access this wiki (from the wiki
database). If all goes fine he can log-in.

The point is that I what the user to type his nick and to log-in under
his full name.

I tried to change the $user->mName in the updateUser function but that
seems too late.

I could of course changed the LoginForm [2] class but I do not want to
do that. I looked for a way to overwrite this class but couldn't find
one. Is there any ?

Is what I'm trying to do even possible ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Pierre

[1] http://svn.wikimedia.org/doc/classAuthPlugin.html