[Mediawiki-l] Clearing the mediawiki-database

Katharina Wolkwitz wolkwitz at fh-swf.de
Thu Nov 12 10:46:01 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm toying with the idea to set up a new wiki-server for a new wiki by cloning
my existing virtual machine and thus getting all the configuration in one go.

The "only" problem is, that the new wiki should be empty of any content from the
"old" wiki, so I'm looking for a way of cleaning out the entire content and
users from the cloned wiki-installation. Any suggestions?

I know that this approach is rather unusual, because otherwise I'd found more
helpful information via Google ;-), but I think it would save a lot of time in
contrast to starting the new server and mediawiki-installation from scratch.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Katharina Wolkwitz

Fachhochschule Südwestfalen
Hochschulbibliothek