[Mediawiki-l] Adding FCKeditor to intranet wiki?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:05:56 UTC 2009

New job, new intranet Mediawiki installation! This one is 1.12. I want
to add FCKeditor to it - particularly as current versions are very
usable indeed - but the mediawiki.org page is entirely unclear on the
right way to go:

* Kludge it into 1.12 however feasible?
* Upgrade to 1.15 and kludge it in?
* Upgrade to 1.16 when that's out and apparently pull from svn?

I do plan to upgrade to 1.16 when feasible, but the wiki is in a
nascent state (people still copy'n'pasting docs from the previous
horrible intranet) so I'd like to get it in there ASAP.

What have others done?

- d.