[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki-l Digest, Vol 68, Issue 40

Brian Vaughan vaughanb at trinity-health.org
Fri May 29 17:56:31 UTC 2009

Thanks for the response.
Re title:  the page names are simple, e.g.:  'Conference_Center'.  So no special characters there.
Re meta:  No meta has been added to the page, and no index-related meta shows up in the page source.
Re robots.txt:  The server has no robots.txt.
But even if it WAS excluded by meta, wouldn't the google diagnostics page say so?  It would list it as Disallowed by robots, or disallowed by meta.  In my case, it just isn't showing up at all, as if it was never seen.
If I tell google to index that page specifically, it accepts it without giving a warning/error.  Add if I imediately look at the queue of documents to be indexed, it isn't there.

El 5/28/09 12:53 PM, Brian Vaughan escribi?:
> Anyone aware of any issues with mediawiki&  Google appliances?  I
> have certain wiki pages that just don't show up in the appliance.  I
> have tried feeding the page URLs directly to the appliance ,  tried a
> site map, launch pages, etc.  They just don't show up in the index at
> all, while other pages submitted in the same manner show up fine.
>
> When I look at the diagnostics, the page is not in there at all, not
> even as being excluded for some reason.   I see the same behavior on
> two different Google appliances.  The page source does not appear to
> have any noindex tags that might be to blame.
>
> Any suggestions on where to look?  I am fairly new to mediawiki.

Offhand I'd suggest double-checking a couple things:

* Is there something suspect about the page titles/URLs?
(Long, special characters, etc)

* Are they being excluded by <meta robots> info in the HTML header?

* Are they being excluded by robots.txt?

-- brion

Brian Vaughan
Systems Analyst, Enterprise Content Management
Trinity Information Services
Phone: 248.324.8159
Fax: 248.488.9435
vaughanb at trinity-health.org