[Mediawiki-l] extension template feedback

Rich Evans revansx at yahoo.com
Fri May 29 01:49:46 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have just finished my first official third-party mw-extension and wanted to get some advice.

My extension is called "MCCP" and is specifically designed to help
people who are tasked with configuration management (CM) of any complex collection of systems.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Mccp

I am witting to the mediawiki-l group to ask for some feedback/advice from anyone who has been successful in making their extensions well known and widely-used. Specifically, I'm hoping someone can tell me if I have posted the extension correctly on the http://www.mediawiki.org  for public-use and if there is anything specific I should do to let people know that it exists.

The extension requires other components such as WGET, PEAR and SSL and a custom skin which I have bundled in with the extension.

Since this extension has all these other dependacies, I though it would be most helpful to provide a complete "Installation Walk-through" on the discussion page:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Mccp

Please take a peek and let me know if this effort has a credible place in the mediawiki extension collection and how I could best let it be found by the people who might best be served by it.

truly,
- Rich (revansx)