[Mediawiki-l] Unable to make SVG's thumbnail

Aldo Latino aldolat at gmail.com
Mon May 11 05:58:14 UTC 2009

Hi all,
this is my first post in this mailing-list and I say hello to everyone.

I just upgraded my MW installation to 1.14.
Before upgrade, all things were working perfectly, even the SVG
thumbnailing.

After the upgrade, when an SVG is uploaded, I receive this error:

> Warning: passthru() has been disabled for security reasons
> in /path/to/home/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2131

The server admin, in fact, has disabled passthru().

I have always used this to render my SVGs:
$wgSVGConverter = rsvg;

What can I do to have back this function?

Info about my server (I do not have root access to it):
MediaWiki 1.14.0
PHP 5.2.9 (cgi)
MySQL 5.0.68-log

Thank you for any support.

P.S. Sorry for possible mistakes in my post, but I'm not English
native. :)

--
Aldo Latino
OpenPGP key: 0x4397C730