[Mediawiki-l] wiki and helpdesks

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:25:14 UTC 2009

Hello,

> Whether somebody has any infos about applying Mediawiki engine and
> Wiki as
> such in practice of customer support centers (ITIL, helpdesk,
> hotline)? I
> will be grateful for any support :-).

Even though MediaWiki directly wouldn't function that well as
ticketing system, it is great supplement when integrated.
We consider it great practice when big issues overflow to summary/
documentation inside wiki. Though workflow management can be better
done in proper issue tracker, the overview documentation kicks ass
inside mediawiki. Oh, and you can embed it with ?action=render :-)

Cheers,
--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]