[Mediawiki-l] last changes to release new wiki skin

Alessandra alessandra.bilardi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 09:59:31 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I created a new wiki skin based loosely on MonoBook coding.
I add two new sidebars (one left and one right bar) and original
sidebar is now a topbar.
New sidebars are used like original sidebar, so I created
MediaWiki:leftbar and MediaWiki:rightbar page and I modified:
* includes/Skin.php adding two functions like function buildSidebar()
* includes/SkinTemplate.php adding two line after $tpl->set(
'sidebar', $this->buildSidebar() ); one for each new sidebar
* includes/Wiki.php modifing 'case NS_CATEGORY' so that CategoryPage
sections are available only $wgUser->isLoggedIn()

I would like to release this skin. That is why I ask you if these
changing are doable modifing only MonoBook coding or using extensions.

Can you help about it?
Best,

--
 Alessandra Bilardi