[Mediawiki-l] Using Mediawiki as a more "traditional" encyclopedia?

Alfredo De La Fe delafe at imperialcoins.com
Fri Mar 6 03:26:17 UTC 2009

I am looking to set-up a more "traditional" encyclopedia.  While I certainly
would welcome submissions, I would rather have some "submit" a potential
edit rather than the traditional wiki format of a "free for all" edit.  Is
there a way to "lock down" mediawiki so that only the administrator (me) can
change content?  Can submissions be moderated so that they have to be
approved by the administrator/moderator prior to posting?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I am trying to figure out which
way to go...

Best,

Alfredo De La Fe

Imperial Coins & Artifacts, Inc.

Ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine coins

http://imperialcoins.com

http://vcoins.com/ancient/imperialcoins