[Mediawiki-l] Can I make the "no text" page the default?

clausvb.wikipedia at mailnull.com clausvb.wikipedia at mailnull.com
Fri Jul 24 13:42:58 UTC 2009

> I would like to setup my wiki so that when I click on a page that is
> blank I get the "There is currently no text in this page. You can
> search for this page title in other pages, search the related logs,
> or edit this page." message instead of the edit box. Can this be
> done?

Yes, you can.

For guest users it is quite simple editing "LocalSettings.php":
---
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
---

That means: Guest users cannot edit anymore and the edit page is disabled. It might be more tricky if you want to do it for every user.

Best regards,
Claus

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/