[Mediawiki-l] Wrong IP using Forum extension

clausvb.wikipedia at mailnull.com clausvb.wikipedia at mailnull.com
Sat Aug 1 17:53:40 UTC 2009

> The Wiki runs on a server machine and I use the variable
> $wgServer to switch the ip from 10.1.1.x to www.example.com.

You should use a different approach. To map
"10.1.1.50" to "www.your_intranet.gis"
you should NOT use any PHP or Apache setting.

This is solved with your DNS or for a local test your "hosts".

If your DNS is configured correctly enter
"ping www.your_intranet.gis"
in a DOS-Box (or shell) and you should get an answer from "10.1.1.50".

To use "www.example.com" (you really do?) is not advised because it really exists.

Regards,
Claus

PS: Greetings from Sankt Augustin to Sankt Augustin. I live in Niederpleis. :-)

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/