[Mediawiki-l] Easy way of auto-updating to latest SVN Release?

Jack Gordon bluegoblin at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 19:34:39 UTC 2008

Hey,

Is there an easy way of setting up my wiki so it automatically updates to the latest revision from SVN as and when it is released?

I have lots of wikis running a variety of versions, from 1.8 up to 1.14alpha. The older ones are easier to update, seeing as I can do them manually as they are few and far between. However, updating the 1.13alpha (when it was here) and now the 1.14alpha wikis manually has been a pain, the only way that's worked has been to upload a fresh copy, move across LocalSettings.php and all the extensions etc, and then rename the files. When I tried to update to the live, stable release (the one that Wikipedia were running) it crashed.

I'm aware of the risks of doing this, and I accept them. I just want it to update in the same way as the test wikipedia, and, for that matter, for the revision number to be displayed at Special:Version.

The extensions also need to be updated in the same way.

Thanks,

Jack Gordon
Bluegoblin7
Portal Hosting