[Mediawiki-l] extension to help users add links (finished... kinda)

Adam Meyer meyer7 at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 28 17:59:03 UTC 2008

A long time ago I asked if anyone would like an extension that would
help users add links (with correct spelling and capitalization)...
Well I finally made one. It is crude, and it needs work, but it is as
far as I can go with what i know.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Link_Suggest

You can test it out here:
http://risdpedia.net/index.php?title=Sandbox&action=edit
Clicking on the "+ link" button will reveal a search box. Just type in
there and it will give a floating list of articles containing what you
searched for. Then selecting one will add it to the article with
proper syntax.

I would love help to make this extension better. I do know of some
problems.
The added button in IE7 gets added to the beginning not h end of the
buttons. (anyone know how to fix this?)
IE wil lose track of your position when you select a link, so it will
always place it at the beginning.
Safari and FF do not have either of these issues.

Always working to make mediawiki easier for the non tech users,
-Adam