[Mediawiki-l] Password and Software help

Walken c_to_the_rhyme at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 05:56:49 UTC 2008

Hi, I searched through the board but I couldn't find an answer to this, sorry
if its been covered already, I'm brand new to this.

I have a group of around 100 people, and I would like to make it so that
they are the only ones who can view and edit the wiki, how can I do this? Is
there a setting where I can review the email addresses of people that create
accounts on the wiki, before they are allowed to view anything except the
homepage or edit anything?

Also, a friend of mine downloaded the software and installed it on his
computer before putting it on his website. I'm basiclly the one incharge of
the wiki (God help us all), is this going to cause me problems as the admin?

Thanks for any help.

Jake