[Mediawiki-l] Format for links in the Navigation Bar

Dr JFBurté burtejf at orange.fr
Thu Mar 27 10:55:45 UTC 2008

> Main Page > Journal > Basic Questions
>
> For the Navigation side bar, how exactly do I format the text to
> create the link that will take the user directly from the Main Page
> to the Basic Questions?

One of the solutions (but not exactly that "direct" one you hope):
1°) Edit the page Mediawiki:Sidebar
.. ... add a line  **BasicQ|BasicQ-url to complete the menu
2°) Create the following two new pages : (names are for example)
.. ... create Mediawiki:BasicQ -> Your Basic Questions
(NB : aims to show the name)
.. ... create Mediawiki:BasicQ-url -> Basic Questions
(NB : aims to show the URL)
.. and i'll get the new line in menu with the right name and the right URL
@+