[Mediawiki-l] Solved (RE: Upload PDFs, Visios?

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:47:32 UTC 2008

Laws, Peter C. wrote:
> (sorry for the Outlook-y reply)
>
> "NTSB says pilot error to blame"
>
> Apparently, if you edit the LocalSettings.php file in the directory you made when you untarred your backup tarball instead of the real one in $wgScriptPath it doesn't take.

OK, so I've got it so that it doesn't reject vsd/xls/pdf outright, but now
I've got the infamous "The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension"
message.

I have "$wgMimeDetectorCommand= "file -bi";" but I note that when I run
"file -bi" against an XLS file, I get

application/msword

Is that the right MIME type for an MS-Excel spreadsheet?

PDFs work just fine and even get the icon.  I'm trying to get a Visio file
to test as well.

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu