[Mediawiki-l] How to get support for your office wiki

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Jan 30 18:40:04 UTC 2008

> From: Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>
>
> I need to
> investigate whether/how it can be set up to provide limited access
> to only
> those inside the company (but possibly from their home office, without
> requiring a VPN).

This seems to me to be part of a larger problem. How do these people
conduct other company business from their home office?

I'd put it behind a firewall, then poke holes in the firewall for the
home office users.

But if the aversion to VPN is unwillingness to involve the corporate
IT department... the VPN would probably be an easier sell. :-)

:::: We're in a giant car heading toward a brick wall at a hundred
miles an hour, arguing over who has the best seat. -- David Suzuki ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::