[Mediawiki-l] How to get support for your office wiki

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Jan 30 14:25:47 UTC 2008

--On Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:26 PM -0500 Emufarmers Sangly
<emufarmers at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know there are varying numbers on the "market penetration" of different
> wiki software, but what data is available on the _internal_ use of such
> software (if only for determining whether MediaWiki is what companies jump
> right to, or whether they tend to opt for commercial software)?

When I first looked at wikis I was concerned with access control, and Twiki
looked good, but right after I loaded a copy to play with, they had their
first big security scare and a lot of sites got hacked.

Now I've got a little MediaWiki experience with public sites and I need to
investigate whether/how it can be set up to provide limited access to only
those inside the company (but possibly from their home office, without
requiring a VPN).