[Mediawiki-l] mime types

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:53:59 UTC 2008

On 29/01/2008, Sean Branam <sbranam at leadfusion.com> wrote:
> I am trying to find out how to add Office 2007 mime types to Mediawiki.
>

> Thank you!
>

> Sean

If you asked the question because you want to upload these files,
simply edit LocalSettings.php and add the extensions to
$wgFileExtensions.  E.g.
  $wgFileExtensions = array('gif','png','jpg','jpeg','svg','xls','doc','ppt');

Note that it usually isn't a good idea to upload e.g. word documents
in wiki as you lose a lot of flexibility both in reading and updating
documentation.  If you have Word documents
you want to migrate to wiki, there are  decent word to mediawiki
conversion tools around to help you.  We're using this one:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Word2MediaWikiPlus

Kind regards,

Herta

--

"Life on Earth may be expensive,
 but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."