[Mediawiki-l] Delete User contributions and Logs

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Mon Jan 28 10:41:19 UTC 2008

I think his concern is the same as mine - having a "starting point" in
the database that doesn't include all the design edits done by the sysop
during site design and initial load

Emufarmers Sangly wrote:

If you're concerned about malicious changes to an article or template,
you can protect that particular page.  If you're concerned about changes
to your site as a whole, you can restrict editing.
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access>

Removing logs and such will not prevent vandalism.