[Mediawiki-l] Delete User contributions and Logs

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:06:47 UTC 2008

On 28/01/2008, Mark (Markie) <newsmarkie at googlemail.com> wrote:
> you can delete the page and then selectively restore some of the pages, ie
> the last one that you want.
>
> regards
>
> mark
>
> On Jan 28, 2008 7:16 AM, Stabatha Cogsprocket <stabatha at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not concerned about vandalism, and I do want to allow members to edit
> > as
> > it will be a community based Wiki.  I would just like to have any changes
> > made in the site developement removed before we launch. So any future
> > ranges
> > would reflect on our launch date.
> >

> > On Jan 28, 2008 12:14 AM, Emufarmers Sangly <emufarmers at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If you're concerned about malicious changes to an article or template,
> > you
> > > can protect that particular page.  If you're concerned about changes to
> > > your
> > > site as a whole, you can restrict editing. <
> > > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access>
> > >
> > > Removing logs and such will not prevent vandalism.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com

Or, from a WikiSysop account, export all pages with the "Include only
the current revision, not the full history" option.  Then recreate the
site (a quick way would be to delete the current installation and
re-install), and import the exported pages.

Kind regards,

Herta
--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
 but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."