[Mediawiki-l] Error 404 with Extension

Brigitte Warnecke-Schaer brigitte.warnecke-schaer at datev.de
Tue Jan 15 11:52:00 UTC 2008

Hei,

I'm running a local Wiki at our company. At the moment we use
Standard-Namesspaces and Subpages.

For a better Permissionmanagement I'd like to use SpecialNamespaces, which I'd
like to manage with this
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Simple_namespaces
Extension.

I'm testing with Version 1.11.0

I've followed the instructions in that document (database, Localsettings etc.)
and have changed the following lines in the script:

-----

$wgExtensionCredits['specialpage'][] = array(
        'name' => 'Special:Namespaces',
        'description' => 'adds a special page to view and manipulate the
namesp aces table.',
        'url' => 'http://My-Server/test3/Extension:Simple_namespaces',
        'author' => 'Carl Austin Bennett'
);

------

I can see Extension on the "Version" page. And I get it under
Special:Namespaces and it works.

The problem I have is that the Link to the Extension on the Version-page does
not work. It tries to call:

http://My-Server/test3/Extension:Simple_namespaces

The result I get is Error 404, page not found.

Has anyone have an idea, what the problem is?

--
Regards

Brigitte Warnecke-Schaer
DATEV e. G.
P1512 UNIX-Systeme
eMail: brigitte.warnecke-schaer at datev.de
Tel: +49 (911) 276-1724
Fax: +49 (911) 147-06286

------------------------------------

DATEV eG
90329 Nürnberg | Telefon +49(911)276-0 | Telefax +49(911)276-3196
E-Mail info at datev.de | Internet www.datev.de
Sitz: Nürnberg, Paumgartnerstr. 6-14 | Registergericht Nürnberg, GenReg
Nr.70

Vorstand
Prof. Dipl.-Kfm. Dieter Kempf (Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Betrw. (FH) Siegbert Rudolph (stellvertretender Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Wolfgang Stegmann (stellvertretender Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Michael Leistenschneider
Jörg Rabe v. Pappenheim
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Reinhard Verholen