[Mediawiki-l] Advanced search options

Vipul Naik vipul.wikis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:54:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

Do any of you know of extensions that can handle some of the following

* Restrict search to articles that "live in" a particular category,
  with AND, OR options available. So I can find all articles which are
  in both categories A and B, and I can find all articles which are
  either in category A or in category B, and I can do a text-search
  restricted to articles in category A.

* Restrict search to particular sections of articles. For instance, I
  want to restrict my attention to articles whose "Definition" section
  contains a certain term or phrase.

* Search for articles that use a particular template

* Specify other search options for what is being searched, such as
  when the article was first created, last edited etc.

Thanking you,

Yours truly,

Vipul