[Mediawiki-l] wgAjaxSearch

Adam Meyer meyer7 at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 11 13:28:06 UTC 2008

I have been playing with the wgAjaxSearch feature.

I like the results, and speed, but I hate how it is displayed. It
takes over the page.

Id like it to be done like it is on my site ( www.risdpedia.net  ),
but I am using this huge yahoo script to do it. (see the search on the
left side).

I see that function wfSajaxSearch in Axaxfunctions.php passes the
variable $html to somewhere. but where is it passed to?

Id like to see if I can recode it to be put under the search bar, so
it does not completely take over the page you are on when it happens.

It should be quite simple if I can just locate where it is being
processed.

Thanks,
-Adam