[Mediawiki-l] Few questions

Usamah M. Ali usamah1228 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 07:16:33 UTC 2008

Hello,

1)  Why MediaWiki uses mono fonts on all the <textarea> elements
related to editing? And would changing that to other font(s) cause
problems? I couldn't find where to edit this in the Monobook CSS. I
now it can be simply set in the textarea's style rule, but why it
doesn't inherit the font of the body, which is sans-serif?

2) Is it possible to localize URLs in MediaWiki? I'm talking
specifically about Arabic URLs. As far as I understand, this can only
be done on the browser level not MediaWiki, however I'm seeing several
refrences to encoding URLs in the code (e.g. $fallback8bitEncoding =
"windows-1251"; on messages files).

Regards,
Usamah