[Mediawiki-l] Is there any reason to use a table name prefix if you don't have to?

Kilian winkelklammern at texttheater.de
Tue Feb 5 11:58:51 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, den 05.02.2008, 13:44 +0200 schrieb The Gadget Doctor:
> It would seem to me that having completely separate databases (as opposed to
> differently named tables) is the way to go for me but can anyone help out
> with practical experience. Up to now I've used a prefix of mw_ and I could
> continue with that or just stop.

If you should ever move back down in the world of hosting, having kept the prefixes would save you the renaming step. Other than that, I don't see a reason to keep the prefixes. Nor do I see a philosophical reason to remove them if you could use the time for having a good coffee instead. :)

~ Kilian