[Mediawiki-l] Printing Section Header Numbers

Peter Schlömer dapete.ml at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:33:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 5:27 PM, John van V. <john.van.v at gmail.com> wrote:
> How would I go about printing the numbering seen in the table of contents in
> front of the topic headings in the main text?

This is actually a standard option in the preferences ("Misc",
"Auto-number headings") of each user. I haven't tested this, but if I
believe the documentation [1] you have to add the following line to
LocalSettings.php to make this the default:

$wgDefaultUserOptions['editsection'] = 1;

However this will only change this setting for anonymous access and
new users. If you already have users, either they have to change this
manually or you have to change this directly in the database.

Gruß,
Peter Schlömer

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgDefaultUserOptions