[Mediawiki-l] PBMPLUS

Patricia Barden webmaster at prwatch.org
Wed Apr 30 18:45:39 UTC 2008

Hello:

We are currently running MediaWiki v8.2, FreeBSD 4.8, PHP 5.2.2, MySQL
5.0.45. Our hosting provider is strongly suggesting that we upgrade
the O/S to FreeBSD 6.2. The hosting provider is recommending that we
use PBMPLUS library for image handling instead of ImageMagick since
the ImageMagick library is far less efficient than previous versions
when handling .GIF files. Alternatively, they are suggesting that we
could continue to use ImageMagick but with other image formats. Is
PBMPLUS compatible with MediaWiki? If not, what do you recommend?

Thank you,

Patricia Barden
Center for Media and Democracy