[Mediawiki-l] Short URL - Page Edit Problem after Upgrade to 1.11.0

Roger Chrisman roger at rogerchrisman.com
Wed Sep 26 01:05:58 UTC 2007

Carlton Bale wrote:
> Options FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On php_value register_globals 0
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}
> !-d RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]

Do you have line breaks in .htaccess that you have not shown above? I'd
expect above to have line breaks as follows:

Options FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
php_value register_globals 0
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]

(but I'm not clear about "php_value register_globals 0")

and possibly even to contain:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

(unless you are *sure* your server is really running php5 by default and
not php4 by default)

--
Roger Chrisman  :-)    http://Wikigogy.org