[Mediawiki-l] Short URL - Page Edit Problem after Upgrade to 1.11.0

Carlton Bale mediawiki at carltonbale.com
Wed Sep 26 00:12:09 UTC 2007

I just upgraded to 1.11.0 over the weekend and have a problem with the
Short URLs. When I click the "edit" link for a page, the editor tries to
edit a page named "index.php". Basically, it's impossible to edit any
page because the edit URL will not work with Short URLs enabled.

The site URL structure is *http://www.domain.com/Page_Name*. When I
click the edit link on a page, the URL is
*http://www.domain.com/index.php?title=Page_Name&action=edit*
However, the edit box is blank and and the title of the page being
edited is wrong; here is what the page shows: /Editing Index.php. You've
followed a link to a page that doesn't exist yet. To create the page,
start typing in the box below.
/
I deactivated all plugins and reverted to the default skin; no change.

I added the following to the *LocalSettings.php* file to activate the
Short URLs:

$wgArticlePath = "/$1";

_If I remove the above entry_ from the *LocalSettings.php* file and load
the same edit URL listed above, it picks the correct page and _edits
work perfectly_.

Any ideas?

*Some additional info about the site:*
All of the mediawiki files are installed in the root directory (not in a
sub-directory). PHP 5.2.x, MySQL 5.0.37. Here is my .htaccess file:

Options FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On php_value register_globals 0
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]