[Mediawiki-l] How to copy a page?

Nelson A Li nli at csc.com
Tue Sep 18 13:38:31 UTC 2007

Hello,

SOS!  Anybody please help.

1. I got a page exported but could not import because I need to create a
"sysop" group user to import.  But, it seems that I could not figure out
how to create this "sysop" group" and an user in that group.  Can somebody
waste a little time to help a new comer?

2. Eventhough  I know that there are two camps of user IDs (one for wiki
usage and one for mysql). I still get confused when reading the reference
documentation.  It seems that people take it for granted assuming
everybody is able to distinguish which camp of user IDs they are talking
about.

3. Is there a good mediawiki book that I can find examples for basic (e.g.
creating a page, edit a page, setting directory & files permissions, how
to incorporate an extension...) operations?  Of course if there is a
comprehensive list of mediawiki commands (I mean .php files) and their
usages will be even better.

Nelson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dave Sigafoos" <davesigafoos at sanmar.com>
Sent by: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
09/17/2007 03:09 PM
Please respond to
MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
<mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

"MediaWiki announcements and site admin list"
<mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Mediawiki-l] How to copy a page?

I think what you are looking for is the Export/Import.

In your wiki if you enter Special:Export in the search edit line you
will get a page where you can enter individual page names or enter a
category to get a list of pages for that category.  Then Export will
generate a big XML page which you could save to a file.

Then to imnport to a wiki use Special:Import and enter (or select) the
file from disk.  This will read the xml in and build the page(s).

Is this what you are looking for?

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy