[Mediawiki-l] EasyTimeline & Ploticus

Azurite azurite at seventh-star.net
Tue Sep 11 15:34:51 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I sent this message before, but somehow it got lost in a thread, rather
than starting its own. As no one responded to it, I'm hoping that it
just got lost in a deluge, and a slight bump will get it SOME attention.
I want to use the EasyTimeline extension on my Wiki, but it requires the
Ploticus Perl script. I'm on a shared server, and my host won't install
the ploticus.pl file in the usr/bin/perl directory for me, but the
instructions for the extension made it sound like I could still put the
file somewhere else, so long as it's executable and I can tell
LocalSettings.php where to find this. Is this doable? Where should I put
the *.pl file, and does it really pose any sort of risk to a shared
server? I still CAN use Perl scripts that are already in the perl
folder, so I can execute Perl commands.
Thanks!
-Azurite