[Mediawiki-l] Import raw data?

Michael Dreimiller mcd at dreimiller.com
Fri Oct 12 16:04:44 UTC 2007

I'm setting up a new MediaWiki site. I would like to quickly make some
very basic pages to pre-populate it using some data I have in an MS
Excel spreadsheet. I'm only familiar with the basics for MySQL and
MediaWki but it seems to me I ought to be able to do an import of my
raw data and create one new record for eah row in my Excel file. I
think I could figure out how to import my data directly into the MySQL
tables using phpMyAdmin but I suspect that going behind MediaWiki's
back to create a bunch of new database entires is not a good idea. I'm
not sure where to start. Is there an import function in MediaWiki? If
so, how should my data be formatted?

-McD-
<http://www.huskieshoops.com/>