[Mediawiki-l] Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?

John Lyon jelyon at jelyon.com
Wed May 30 12:36:57 UTC 2007

This suggests that you plan on installing WikiMedia on user's
workstations...which is, to my mind, not how you would use any similar
software package.

Typically, such a product is installed on one box acting as a server, and
everyone accesses the same server to create, edit and update content.

Giving everyone their own MediaWiki install is an administrative nightmare.
There's a reason IT folks don't install Microsoft Exchange on every
workstation!

Additionally, how do I know I'm not creating the same content on my
workstation that someone else three cubicles over has created on their
workstation?

All you need is one install. Or love, if you prefer.

--
John Lyon | Austin TX