[Mediawiki-l] Including unmatched HTML tags in templates? How to?

Michael Daly michaeldaly at kayakwiki.org
Tue May 29 21:31:27 UTC 2007

Ken McDonald wrote:
> I would like to define two templates, one being a "start" template which
> contains
>
> and the other containing just
>
> However, the "</div>" is being escaped by the MW engine, so appears
> verbatim in the page, rather than functioning as an HTML end tag.
>
> Is there a way around this?

This seems to work fine in the {{flatlist}}...{{endflatlist}} templates
on Wikipedia (endflatlist consists of nothing but </div>).  If there's a
bug in the template(s) installed, the </div> shows up, but if all the
bits are installed correctly, it's hidden.  There could even be a bug in
the CSS that causes it to muck up.  Sorry I can't be more helpful than
this - I tried to help someone with this same problem on mwusers.com
forum recently, but he fixed it without revealing exactly what he did.

Mike