[Mediawiki-l] Markdown

Ian Smith johantheghost at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 21:12:09 UTC 2007

Jim,

Thanks for the explanation.

> Basicall (in summary) ExtendedSyntaxParser will strip out HTML comments ...
> ... if an extension adds HTML comments to an article's rendered body,
> they'll be stripped and this can interfere with functionality.
> As far as I can tell, there's no good reason why ESP and TabbedData
> couldn't  live in perfect harmony.  I have no evidence to support Simon's
> assertion that they don't.

I can't see why they wouldn't; TabbedData doesn't use HTML comments.  I just
installed ExtendedSyntaxParser and UsenetSyntax into my wiki (which already has
TabbedData), and I could use both UsenetSyntax and TabbedData in the same page,
no problems.  This is on MediaWiki 1.9.3.

Having said that, I got this error on all page loads (I have PHP error
reporting enabled):

<b>Warning</b>:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated;  If you would
like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of xml_set_object().  If
you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set
allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file.   in
<b>C:\WebServer\wiki-common\extensions\ExtendedSyntaxParser.php</b> on line

Ian