[Mediawiki-l] "Recent Changes" RSS Feed from a Protected Wiki

Norbert Hoeller nhoeller at sinet.ca
Wed May 23 20:03:28 UTC 2007

Jim, sorry about the slow response - I must have missed your post in the
daily digest.  I am subscribing to the RSS feed.  I have just tested with
the Atom feed: same " Refresh feed 'xxx' failed with error: Object
reference not set to an instance of an object" error.  I have no
extensions installed.  I am testing 'cgi_img_auth.php' to secure access to
the upload directory.

I have no problems viewing/formatting or subscribing to the RSS file from
either Firefox or IE7.  When I use RSSBandit to fetch the RSS feed from a
TypePad protected weblog, I see TypePad responding with an HTTP 401 error,
which causes the browser to request username/password credentials.  I have
to assume RSSBandit knows how to respond to this request.  MediaWiki puts
up the sign-in page - I suspect RSSBandit thinks it is getting RSS/Atom
information and gets confused in the process.
        Thanks, Norbert

> A few questions:
>
> * Are you trying to subscribe to the RSS feed or Atom feed in RSS
Bandit?