[Mediawiki-l] Is MediaWiki-l dysfunctional? What is it good for, really?

Bill Curnow bcurnow at gmail.com
Wed May 23 13:44:21 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07, Monahon, Peter B. <Peter.Monahon at uspto.gov> wrote:

> Why not setup a real ***wiki*** discussion right at the MediaWiki.org
> home pages, and encourage the MediaWiki software to actually mature to
> handle such support needs as ours, instead of using an old-fashioned
> mailing list like this?

Agreed!  For the amount I'm paying MediaWiki for this support contract they
darned-well need to start providing sufficient, modern support.  Why this
isn't being handled by a voice-activated phone system, or a live-chat
system, is beyond me.

Spare us, please.  MediaWiki can't provide support because your employer
awarded a patent for technical support to Microsoft.