[Mediawiki-l] ImageMap Extension and external links

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Wed May 16 13:45:49 UTC 2007

Dantman wrote:
> The ImageMap extension isn't coded to use external links. Only internal
> ones. If you want to do something like that you'll half to request that
> as a new feature and have someone code it into the extension.
>
> ~Daniel Friesen of The Gaiapedia and Wikia Graphical Entertainment Project
>
> Brianna Laugher wrote:
>
>> On 16/05/07, Alex Le Bek <alex at alexlebek.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I have installed the ImageMap extension
>>> (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ImageMap) and set
>>> $wgImageMapAllowExternalLinks = true
>>>
>>> With the following markup
>>>
>>> <imagemap>
>>> Image:mylogo.jpg
>>> rect 0 0 120 60 [[Help]]
>>> </imagemap>
>>>
>>> It works fine but fails when I use an external link:
>>>
>>> <imagemap>
>>> Image:mylogo.jpg
>>> rect 0 0 120 60 [http://www.mylink.com]
>>> </imagemap>
>>>
>>> with error
>>>                 <imagemap>: no valid link was found at the end of line 3
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

In the mean time (while waiting for an external link-feature) you can
perhaps link to a "link-page", that is, a page which contains the
external link? Sort of a "external redirect", but one which takes user
interaction in order to actually click the extra link in order to get
redirected to the http:// adress.

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa