[Mediawiki-l] Several instances on one host

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Thu May 10 13:00:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

we would like to install different - how to say - "regions" in a
MediaWiki for different workgroups of our institute.  The content
that should be found is quite different for the different workgroups
so a certain split makes definitely sense.  What is the best
strategy to implement this.  I have read about using different
databases or different prefixes inside one database.  What are
advantages or drawbacks of this approach? Where can I find a
detailed instruction to set up one or the other or even a
further alternative method.

One special thing is that we have an existing wikidb of one
working group that has to be migrated to this common wiki
(common set of wikis).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--