[Mediawiki-l] Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.

Nigel Gilbert n.gilbert at surrey.ac.uk
Mon May 7 16:07:58 UTC 2007

I have tried creating categories for the first time.  Although all other
pages on the site work as expected, when I click on the category name on a
page to go to the category index, I get:

> Editing Category:WP1
> You've followed a link to a page that doesn't exist yet. To create the page,
> start typing in the box below (see the help page for more info). If you are
> here by mistake, just click your browser's back button.
>
> Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.
> Because this wiki has raw HTML enabled, the preview is hidden as a precaution
> against JavaScript attacks.
>
> If this is a legitimate edit attempt, please try again. If it still doesn't
> work, try logging out and logging back in.
>
> Articles in category "WP1"
> There are 3 articles in this category.

> Draft Online Questionnaire
> Project:WP workspace
> Project:WP1 workspace

I¹ve tried purging the cache, logging in and out, restarting the browser and
so on, and also creating another category, which gives the same behaviour.
There is nothing helpful in a the MediaWiki-l archives.  I¹m using
> MediaWiki: 1.9.3
> PHP: 5.2.1 (apache)
> MySQL: 4.1.22-log

Any suggestions about what to do?