[Mediawiki-l] configuring the TOC autonumbering

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Tue May 1 00:11:45 UTC 2007

I like your extension, "PSINoTocNum", but crashed my system. ?!?!
any idea why? (I'm using mediawiki 1.6.10 + PHP4?)
I used the code on your page and I followed your instructions from the link you sent...and the requireonce command in my LocalSettings.php cause the whole site to not resolve. I will look at it more closely tomorrow. I have written my own simple extensions, so I'm fairly sure I haven't overlooked anything truely foolish.

also, once I get it to work, it would be nice if your extension could be made to do the opposite. i.e. turn off TOC numbers by default and "__YesTocNumbers___" in the extension.

> What kind of configuration?

uh....full control of the style and  prefix and suffix of the TocNumbers:
like: "[#] -" which would generate:

style=..myTOCstyleNums..>[1.2.3] - <span
style=..myTOCstyleTxt..>Section Title</span></span>

if you get the drift....i'm looking for full style control of the TOC

same for the Section Titles in the Article

if possible,
what file do I define these in that is common to all skins?

thanks