[Mediawiki-l] Ability to remove header items?

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:28:22 UTC 2007

Paul Coghlan wrote:
> I did some searching but couldn't find this. I am trying to remove the
> following list of items from the header area. I simply need to toggle them
> off if possible. Even better would be to change their URL and text! For
> example changing 'My Preferences' to 'My Profile' and with a different URL.
>
> - Icon & username
> - My preferences
> - My talk
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

To hide them, set
#pt-userpage, #pt-mytalk, #pt-preferences {display: none}  on CSS

To rename them, create Mediawiki:mypreferences as 'My Profile', same
with Mediawiki:mytalk.

You can't change the URL from the UI (unless using a JS hack). Could use
an extension to remove it and add another one or modify the url at
content_actions.