[Mediawiki-l] Problem with article::doEdit

Gunter News2006 at freenet.de
Tue Mar 20 23:30:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

am writing an extension that does create articles.

I successfully use
$createSuccess = $article->doEdit( $a_text, $a_summary, EDIT_NEW );
to create the article.

Unfortunatly not all characters are displayed right.

If my text ist german "Eine Überraschung!", Ü would not be displayed
correctly.

I tried htmlentities($a_text) which gives the correct outcome in
display, but not in the editor, where there are then inconvenient
HTML-Special chars.

How has the text to be transformed for german umlauts to be saved in the
correct character set?

Gunter